Jane JewittRetired teacher, special education consultant and school administrator
Jane’s academic training includes: a BA (with Distinction), U of Calgary; MA (Philosophy), U of Calgary; Education Diploma (Community Schools Programme), UBC
- After teaching in Richmond BC for two years she was a stay-at-home mother for 12 years (3 daughters)
- Served as Information Officer for the Edmonton Allergy Association
- Served as Parent Council President (elementary school) and was a parent volunteer in the Edmonton Academic Challenge Programme
- Teacher with SD 20 (BC) for 20 years during which she taught every grade in some academic area from 1 - 9 and taught special education from K - 12
- Behaviour Programme Teacher; District Special Education Consultant and a School Special Education Teacher, including serving as Case Manager for students with behaviour difficulties, learning difficulties and mental or physical health problems
- Worked as a school administrator in elementary, middle and secondary schools.
- Jane is now retired, enjoying her 4 young grandchildren.