Is this an online or on-site conference?
This is an online conference via the Zoom webinar platform. While we do miss our times of in-person togetherness in Vancouver in years past, the online platform has proven to be the most affordable and wide-reaching option, bringing together attendees from all over the world who would otherwise not be able to attend.
What time zone is referred to on the Schedule?
As the Neufeld Institute is based out of Vancouver, Canada, all times are the schedule refer to Pacific Daylight Time. If you live in a different time zone, we recommend using a time zone converter website to check ahead regarding what time the sessions will run where you live.
Will I have access to recordings of the conference sessions?
Yes, all attendees will be able to access all recordings for 90 days following the release of the conference recordings. Details will be emailed after the conference. We are not able to offer extensions after the 90-day access expires.
How do I choose my preferred sessions?
Unlike our previous conferences, there are no session choices in 2023. The four sessions will run back-to-back, and will be open to all attendees.
Do you offer group registration?
Yes, we do. Click HERE for information on how to register a group (minimum 5 people).
Do you offer student discounts or bursaries for those in financial need?
Our annual conference is the sole fundraiser for the Neufeld Institute, which is a non-profit, charitable organization. As a result, discounts and bursaries are not available. All funds received go back into supporting the work of the Neufeld Institute. We make every effort to keep the registration fee as affordable as possible.
When is the cut-off time for the early bird registration rate?
The early-bird rate of $120 CAD ends at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. After this time/date, the regular rate of $135 CAD will apply.
Can I cancel my conference registration?
Yes, individuals may cancel until April 6, 2023. Please refer to the Registration & Fees page for our cancellation policy. Group members may not cancel; however, substitutions may be considered upon request.
I can’t find my registration email or Zoom link. Help!
Check your Junk or Spam folder. It is our experience that some email servers, or private email settings, block or redirect our conference-related emails to Junk/Spam folders. We highly recommend that all attendees add “no-reply at neufeldinstitute.com” and “office at neufeldinstitute.com”(replace “at” with @) to a safe sender/contact list so that important emails are not missed. If you still can’t find the information you need, please contact our office.
Will I receive session handouts and a certificate of attendance?
Handouts are not available for this conference.
Personalized certificates of attendance reflecting six hours of instruction will be available via our automated certificate request system following the conference.
What technology is required to participate in this online conference?
- Attendees will need a computer or mobile device with reliable internet connection or cellular data plan, Chrome, Safari, or Chromium Edge browser, and the Zoom desktop client or mobile app. Test your device readiness ahead of time to avoid last-minute panic on the day of the conference. Use these helpful links:
- Click here to download Zoom desktop client or mobile app.
- Click here for instructions on how to attend a Zoom webinar.
- Click here for information how to test your device’s performance in preparation for a Zoom webinar.
- Click here to test your internet connection by joining a test Zoom meeting. Note that even though this will also test your camera and microphone, attendees will not be on video or audio during the conference.
- It is incumbent on the attendee to ensure they have the most up-to-date versions of desktop or mobile operating systems, Zoom updates, and browser versions. Our conference team cannot provide detailed technical assistance due to the wide variety and combinations of device, internet, data plan, and operating systems that exist.
- Prior to the conference, attendees will be provided with a distinct Zoom link to join the webinar room on the day of the live conference.